Since appetites have been running low in my family this week, I thought I'd whip up a batch of good-old homemade chicken soup for the poor sick ones (myself included). But try as I may, not much of it was ingested by those who needed it most, John Marshall and Isabella. At lunch John Marshall told me he only wanted to eat the "green noodles" (I had added some multi-colored fusilli twisties) and maybe a carrot piece or two. Bella wouldn't touch any of it. So by mid-afternoon I decided to go ahead and try this recipe made with dried cranberries for unbelievable scones. I had sporadic help from both children, and once they were finished they were probably the best I've ever tasted! Of course, my scone experience is a bit limited...
Once dinner rolled around, and after soup was served, John Marshall announced that he would prefer "bread with honey and edamame for dinner" (of course, not quite so sweetly as I've made it sound). So indulging the sick, and wanting to get some sort of nourishment in him, I acquiesced. So scones (minus the honey), edamame, and leftover strawberry smoothie for dinner. Isabella really put away the edamame which is great protein, and about all she ate all day. No complaints here!
Finally John Marshall crashed and was asleep, of course his sister was not, and I was left with all of this as a reward for my efforts....notice the blender from our smoothies, the mixing bowl and food processor from scones, and the soup pot.
Thankfully my good husband took care of a lot of it while I attempted to wear Isabella down for bedtime (she had a late nap, and loves the night like her Mama!).
Here's to family weekends, sharing hotel rooms, lots of hugging and kissing, and the Croup!
1 comment:
You really captured the weekend and the recovery at home!! I love the pictures of your day and evening :)
Post a Comment